Recipe: Sweet Potato Quesadilla
I found this recipe on Sofullsista and thought it looked really good, so I tried it out. I modified the measurements some to fit my tastes and to add a little heat.
Here’s what you’ll need:
4 sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
½ a onion
1 red bell pepper (diced)
¼ cup blue cheese (diced)
2-3 oz of jalapeño Monterey jack cheese
6 wheat tortillas
1 tbs olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
Tobasco Sauce or hot sauce to taste
Here’s what you do:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the sweet potatoes. They are done when you can poke a fork through them easily.
- While the potatoes are cooking, sauté the red bell pepper and onion until the onion is translucent. I added a little bit of salt and sautéed in the olive oil.
- When the sweet potatoes are finished, drain and transfer to a bowl. Mash or puree the sweet potatoes until they have a smooth consistency.
- Add sautéed onions and peppers, blue cheese and salt and pepper to the sweet potatoes and stir until all of the ingredients have been combined.
- Take one tortilla and spread the mixture on half. Sprinkle cheese and a few drops of hot sauce on top of the mixture.
- Fold the tortilla in half and using a large skillet and a few drops of olive oil to brown the folded quesadilla lightly on both sides.
- Once browned, remove from the pan, cut in half and serve.
This was very tasty and you can modify it to meet your needs. If the portion size is not enough for you, you can use a whole tortilla and place the ingredients on top and lay another whole tortilla on top of that. For me, one tortilla folded in half was enough.