Recipe :: Potato Hash
I saw this recipe on Pinterest, and I of course re-pinned and modified it for the ingredients that I already had on hand. It came out pretty good if I do say so myself.
½ cup chopped cilantro
2 medium potatoes
½ medium white onion
1 can black beans (I prefer the Goya brand)
1 Tbs olive oil
salt, pepper, cumin to taste
- Wash and dice potatoes, onion and tomato. I left the skins on the potatoes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil.
- Add the potatoes to the oil and allow to cook, covered for about 15-20 minutes. Check often and stir if needed.
- Add the tomatoes, black beans, salt, pepper and cumin to the pan and allow the mixture to cook for another 10 minutes while covered. Check often and stir if needed.
- Add the onions and cilantro and cook for another 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Stir frequently to prevent any sticking and to toss the ingredients well.
Because I have been doing the “Plant Strong” challenge, I did not add any meat or dairy to the mix, but you could add cheese, sausage, tofu, etc to add some more depth. Enjoy!