Recipe: Kale Chips
Here is another quick and easy recipe that is low calorie AND good for you. Did I mention that it tastes great as well? I am the self-professed Queen of all things simple and easy. Why, because I am extremely lazy and extremely busy. You can pretty much guarantee to never see a complicated recipe on this blog. So, healthy eating, quickly and simply. Here’s what you will need:
1 bunch of kale (I like to use dinosaur kale)
1 tsp of olive oil
seasoning of choice
- I used organic kale, so I just rinsed to remove any dirt. Tip: it’s best to buy organic fruits and vegetables when there is not an outer skin or covering that will be removed. Example: buy organic leafy greens because otherwise you will be consuming the part that pesticides were sprayed on. Save your money and buy regular bananas, unless you plan to eat the peel.
- Carefully cut off the stems and the tough vein that runs down the middle and tear into bite size pieces.
- Place in a salad spinner to remove any leftover moisture and then place in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pieces and then toss to coat all of them.
- Spread on a baking sheet. Be careful not to overlap pieces to much.
- Sprinkle with seasoning of choice. I used a seasoning salt.
- Place in preheated oven at 350˚F for 5-10 minutes. You want them to crisp up and brown the edges just a tad. Watch carefully, because the burn fast!
- Take them out and enjoy!